Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of your puppies?
- The price for each breed is listed on the Puppies page for that breed and litter.
How much is the deposit and how does it work?
- All deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE. The amount of deposit does vary by breed and the amount is listed on each breed's Puppy page. Prior to picking your puppy, you may decide to push your deposit to the next litter. However, once you have selected your puppy, the deposit is no longer able to be pushed to future litters. If you back out for any reason after that point, you forfeit your deposit. Your deposit can be rolled for up to 12 months. If no puppy has been chosen by that time, you forfeit your deposit.
- We reserve the right to refuse any sale. If a sale if refused by us, after deposit is paid, your deposit will be refunded. This is the ONLY reason a deposit will ever be refunded.
How does your selection process work?
- Order of deposit (lists are separated by gender) determines picking order. Puppies are selected at 8 weeks of age after puppy evals and vet exam are completed. This affords you the COMPLETE picture of each puppy BEFORE decisions are made. We want to honor each puppy and each family by ensuring the right puppy goes to the right family. We can not do that prior to 8 weeks since personality really doesn't even begin to show until 6 weeks of age at minimum. Evaluations are not dependable prior to 7.5 weeks and vet exam (for health certificate) can not be done until 8 weeks.
EXAMPLE: If you are the 3rd person on the male deposit list, you will be the 3rd person to pick of available males on picking day. That means 2 other families will choose their male puppy before you and you will choose from the remaining pups.
-Puppy evaluation scorecards and vet exam results will be forwarded to all families via link to private webpage on the day puppies see the vet. (The webpage password will be forwarded at that time.) Once the link and password has been sent, we will start to schedule each family a 30 minute phone call where I will be available to go over your top picks, answer any questions regarding the puppy evaluations or vet exam. If you will not be available for phone call, I MUST HAVE YOUR PICKS emailed to me prior to your appointment time, or you will go to the end of the picking order for that litter. Be sure I reply "RECEIVED" to your picking list email or I did not get it. (Example Email: If you have 3rd choice of male puppies, it is requested that you email at least your top 3 males in order of preference.) If I can not reach you during your SCHEDULED appointment time, you will go to the end of the picking order for that litter. If you have any questions about selection process, please ask!
- During your picking phone call, we will schedule puppy pick up time. We try very hard to schedule for all puppies to go home on the same day. This is less stressful than having one puppy left alone after the others have gone. For this reason, we ask you to please make every effort to pick up on the suggested pick up day which is usually scheduled for the first Saturday after pups turn 8 weeks old. If you would like to confirm pick up day, feel free to reach out.
- If I am unable to reach you until 25 minutes into your appointment, you will have 5 minutes to ask questions and make your selection. Please be ready at your scheduled time.
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept the following electronic payment options for deposit: PayPal (Friends and Family option only to avoid fees or add 3% processing fee), Venmo, CashApp and Zelle. A check may be sent as deposit but must be mailed as NEXT DAY. Should a check be mailed, we will hold your place for 24 hours pending arrival of your check.
- Final balance must be paid with the above mentioned electronic methods or with personal check, money order or cashier's check. However, checks must be received 1 week prior to due date to allow time to clear. Any payments made at pick up will only be accepted in CASH or with electronic method mentioned above. Please be aware we live in the country and signal can be spotty, even with the best carriers (Verizon, T-mobile, etc all have trouble here!)
What does our puppy come with?
AKC registration application | 30-day free pet insurance through Trupanion | 2-year health guarantee | Up-to-date on all vaccines | Up-to-date worming | Microchip | FL health certificate | BAER hearing test (Dogos only) | Puppy collar, leash and toy | Lifetime breeder support!
When can we pick up our puppy?
- Usually at 8.5 weeks of age. Florida law, and ethical breeding, demands the pups stay with the mother and littermates until the age of 8 weeks, so please do not ask us to release a puppy before this. On rare occasions, the puppies may have need to stay with the breeder for an additional amount of time. We reserve the right to delay delivery if we feel it is in your pet's best interest to remain with us. An example for this could be parasites (worms), which are very common for puppies, especially in warm climates such as ours. We worm all puppies preventatively and this works 99% of the time, but that 1% does pop up every now and then.
- Pups that have ears cropped (Dogos or Corsos) prior to going home, may need to stay an additional week or even more, depending on how the healing process goes. As with humans, each puppy can heal differently. We do NOT guarantee the final outcome of ear cropping for this reason. We will however, help you along the way, with your puppy's cropped ears! Check out our Useful Links page for great videos on posting and taping your puppies cropped ears.
How are your puppies raised?
BaB is a program of advanced puppy curriculum and we are so excited to share that with you and our puppies!
The BaB curriculum focuses on laying a strong foundation of true respect and trust between puppies and humans, other dogs and the world around them. By creating steadfast trust and building confidence so early on, the BaB program facilitates a lifetime of high approach, confidence, touch tolerance, low sight, and sound sensitivity, as well as quick startle recovery regardless of the environment in which the puppy goes home. Each day the puppies will have "School Time" which will involve different things depending on puppies age and development. Puppies will be exposed to different sights and sounds and their confidence in believing in themselves will be fostered. The goal is to guide, shape and mold puppies based upon critical periods, constantly evaluating and adjusting as we go.
They will learn that the world is safe, people are kind and dogs are friendly.
What does BaB stand for? BADASS =Breeding Awesome Dogs Acceptable for Service & Support
We are changing lives through the power of a dog.